This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn some commission: More details.
If you want a reliable managed WordPress hosting solution and don’t want to go with the WP engine maybe because of the cost or some other issues then you have come to the right place. Here, you will get information about the best WP Engine alternatives that are not only highly functional but affordable as well.
Why look for WP Engine Alternatives?
You might ask this question; why look for WP Engine alternatives if they’re WordPress experts? Well, while WP Engine seems to be good, there are some limitations that many don’t know; WP Engine has restrictions on some plugins and they don’t allow you to install them on your site.
Also, some might find its pricing structure a little expensive as they only allow one website for the base plan and has a traffic limit of 25000 per month.
This is a list of the seven best WP Engine alternatives
Best WP Engine Alternatives
I can say with confidence that Rocket.net is the fastest-managed WordPress Hosting in the market by a wide margin. Even though Rocket.net is a relatively new company, It didn’t take much time for me to make a decision and migrate this site to them.
What makes Rocket.net different from the rest of the hosting companies? Well, the secret lies in their CDN. They provide a Cloudflare Enterprise CDN for all the sites hosted with them at no additional cost.
If you’re not aware, the Cloudflare Enterprise plan is estimated to cost a minimum of $2000 if you’re approaching Cloudflare through their website. But with Rocket.net, you can enjoy the most advanced secure CDN with 250+ Edge locations.
If you notice the TTFB, it’s constant worldwide even though my server is located in the USA. The most surprising part for me is how fast it loads in distant countries like Japan and Australia.
The company is owned by Terry Kyle who also runs the Traffic Planet Forums so this means it is in the hands of someone who understands the complexities and problems that come with typical website hosting.
The best thing about WPX Hosting is that, unlike other web hosting companies, it only focuses on providing dedicated WordPress hosting. This means that the servers of WPX Hosting are well-optimized to get as much speed out of WordPress as possible.
Some of the pros of WPX Hosting are:
- They have speedy servers with dedicated SSD and RAM.
- Their support is fast and very responsive.
- They keep a daily backup of 2 full weeks without any charge to restore.
- Free migration of site within 24 hours.
- Provides multiple installs per plan.
- You can create an email for any domain.
- Install as many WP plugins as you want.
- In-built CDN
It is one of the few web hosting companies that offer a lot of useful features when it comes to managed WordPress websites based on the cloud.
It delivers fully managed hosting and provides fast loading of websites with no more headaches that come with WordPress hosting. Cloudways handle your hosting headaches so that you can concentrate on your business.
Use the below code to get 20% OFF:
Some of the benefits of using Cloudways are:
- Provides a free 30-day trial for cloud servers with 512MB and 1GB RAM without requiring any credit card details.
- No limit on how many WordPress websites you install.
- Automatic backups are easy to configure and you can schedule them according to your preference.
- Offers migration of one site with no additional costs.
- Has 24/7 support ready to help you.
- Easy WordPress and other Apps
If you are one of the people who doesn’t like to deal with scalability, having to update WP or its plugins and security then Pressable is just the WP hosting solution you need.
It offers different managed hosting plans that are specially designed to optimize WordPress sites for protection against different security threats, fast performance, and scaling as your website grows.
Currently, Pressable is providing managed web hosting for WordPress websites to different startups, medium-sized businesses, and several Fortune 1000 companies. Some of the benefits of using Pressable are:
- Pressable will automatically update WordPress and Plugins.
- The CMS comes pre-installed when you sign up.
- Comes with a staging mode that lets you make changes on a clone of your actual website.
- Let you create login accounts for WordPress for different users and set up their access levels.
- Daily automated backups and malware scans.
Liquid Web has been serving since 1997 and has a very good reputation. They have over 32,000 customers as of now and host over 500,000 sites. And among those websites, many belong to big brands like Motorola and Home Depot.
The easiest way to sum up the service of Liquid Web is that they always try to be the best. They may not be the cheapest in the market but have excellent support and high performance.
Though it is a bit expensive if you can afford it, it is highly unlikely that you will be unsatisfied with the service. Some of the benefits of using Liquid Web are:
- It is one of the only hosts that provide a 100 percent Uptime guarantee.
- All of their plans are of high performance.
- Their support members are always available and are well trained.
- Has a Sonar Monitoring team that monitors the status of your system 24/7.
- Easy to Use.
- You can use any WordPress plugin you want, with no limits.
Kinsta was founded by a WordPress dev guy and a programmer. It’s the first managed WP hosting company powered by the Google Cloud Platform. It was founded in December 2013 and started offering hosting to the public in early 2014. So that means they are no longer a newcomer to the market.
And besides being one of the best wp engine competitors, in a just small span of time, they are already surpassing their competition. Kinsta is currently managing many different big brands including AdEspresso, Ubisoft, Drift, Intuit, Mint.com, etc.
You can get the full 2 months of hosting for free by choosing Kinsta’s annual plans here.
Some of the features of Kinsta are:
- Beautiful dashboard with two-factor authentication and a record of every change that happens to your account.
- Offers free SSL and other advanced tools.
- Daily automated backup of your website.
- Excellent support with fast response.
- Offers free website migration.
Another one of the best WP Engine alternatives! The Flywheel is one of the web hosting companies that deliver fast speed, quick support, and solid performance that is needed to keep a WordPress website running smoothly.
With its one-click staging and free demo site features, it lets users build a website from the ground. In short, it is a robust network that is optimized for scale, security, and speed.
Their plans have a lot of features and they offer a generous 30-day money-back guarantee. Some of the benefits of using Flywheel are:
- Provides users with one-click site staging.
- Provides nightly backups.
- Offers free malware cleanup.
- Designed specifically for WordPress.
- Fully streamlined and optimized dashboards for WordPress websites.
- Several options for communication include email ticketing, social media, live chat, and phone call.
The aforementioned seven best WP Engine alternatives are carefully selected after a lot of examination and reviews. So you can just go ahead and select the one that fits your needs. Personally, I’ve used WPX and Cloudways before and currently using Rocket.net.
For beginners, Rocket.net is a little expensive, so I would suggest Cloudways as they have affordable pricing.