This post contains affiliate links, which means I may earn some commission: More details.
Content Delivery Networks help you bring the content of your website to different servers across the globe that allow your website to load faster in computers of users who are near those services.
In other words, CDN reduces the distance between the destination computers and the original hosting servers. So if you are looking for such incredible service and want to know the best CDN providers, you are in for a treat because we have created a guide just for this purpose.
By the end of this guide, you will have a clear idea of which CDN to use based on your needs. So with that said; let’s get started:
Best CDN Providers to Increase your WordPress Blog Speed
Table of Contents
If you are looking for a rock solid CDN that is backed by a thriving platform then StackPath is what you need. They have a vast network of servers that are spread across several countries around the world. Furthermore, they have a very secure CDN that will provide protection to your website against the DDoS attacks through blocking and load balancing features.
One of the best parts of using this CDN provider is that all of its plans come with a website firewall that further reduces the load on your server and also helps in speeding up your load time. Some of its primary features are:
- Covers 45 different locations around the world
- Uses CDN for site acceleration
- The free version lets you encrypt edge certificate
- You will get real-time reporting
- It also has a web application firewall
- Provides protection against DDoS attacks
- Provides WAF functionality and SSL support
Cloudflare is well known for the free CDN service that they provide for small websites. Though their free plan includes limited protection against DDoS, if you want a high level of security, you can go for their paid plans that start from just $20/month. Also, they have a massive network of servers that are distributed globally allowing your website to distribute the load and get faster speed.
One of the best things about Cloudflare is that setting up its CDN in WordPress is a piece of cake and their control panel is also very user-friendly that you can use to monitor your website’s performance and clean up the cache. Some of the main features of Cloudflare are:
- Boosts website’s speed and offers security features as well
- Their pre-loader function can pre-cache your popular pages and load them much faster
- It will send you a notification if Google Analytics not functioning properly
- It has an ‘always online’ feature that continues to show a cached version of your website even if it is down.
- You can easily track your website’s performance and its integration with Cloudflare
A well-known name in the area of cloud computing, enterprise-level cloud solutions and hosting, Rackspace, provides a powerful CDN solution that is backed by a very robust cloud infrastructure. Though it is a little complicated to set it up once it is done, you will find it pretty easy to use.
The reason it is one of the best CDN providers is that it works great with WordPress and virtually all of its popular plugins. However, the only major drawback with this one is that it does not offer any DDoS mitigation. Some of its features are:
- It can be up and running within seconds
- Absorbs all edge requests to protect your website
- Provides custom SSL
- Excellent customer support
- Delivers both static and dynamic content
- Uses Akamai network to employ 200 edge nodes across the globe
Unequivocally one of the best website security company that provides a powerful WordPress CDN and firewall to speed up your website and protect it against malware, DDoS attacks and other security threats. They have an advanced firewall application that scans all of the user requests coming to your website before they reach your hosting server helping you block tons of malware, spam and DDoS attacks.
Furthermore, they leverage the Anycast network that is spread across the world so that your users are never far from their high-speed servers. Some of the features of using their CDN are:
- They have a huge library on their website where you can find tutorials on how to use their solutions
- Their security software keeps logs of all security-related activities including logins, and failed login attempts.
- You can use Sucuri’s scanner to search for malware in your website
- Helps you get removed from blacklists
- Has a vast network of several servers spread across the globe that ensures fast loading times
- Provides protection against hacking and DDoS attacks
An optimization platform based on cloud, Akamai, was found in 1998 and now it has become one of the best CDN providers in the world. The platform is backed by a very strong infrastructure that can speed up your websites, connections and networks.
Akamai is a huge internet company that has over 240,000 servers spread across the world and it provides services to different tech giants including Adobe, Facebook, IBM, and even Microsoft. Some of its features include:
- Offers shared SSL
- Allow the users to keep their origin private
- It’s static content caching speeds up the delivery of content like images and style sheets etc.
- Has excellent customer support
- Provides access to custom and pre-built reports
- An easy to read dashboard with a user-friendly interface
Another fantastic option for people looking to get the WordPress CDN service. KeyCDN offers a powerful network of servers that are spread across Europe, North America and the Asia Pacific regions. You can easily set it up on many platforms such as WordPress and it also comes with DDoS mitigation, HTTP/2 support, custom and free SSL, SSD servers and more.
The best part of using KeyCDN is that it has a pay as you go plan that means you only have to pay for the services you use instead of a fixed payment on a monthly basis. Some of its features are:
- Comes with push and pull feature
- Offers free SSL
- Purchase more points of presence to further boost up your website’s speed
- Contains an ad-enabled video player to monetize videos
- Easy to set up and use
- Offers 100 percent SSD latency
This one is the first TCP Anycast based CDN in the world that is built for delivering speed and performance. So if you are looking for a reliable CDN provider to streamline the content delivery of your website, Cachefly is definitely the one you should opt for.
The platform was launched in 2002, and till now, it has helped some of the biggest businesses around the world speed up their websites including Adobe, Toyota, Virgin Gaming, LG, Cartoon Network and more. Some features are:
- Offers both custom and shared SSL
- Excellent customer support
- Comes with Push and Pull features
- Provides origin privacy
- It has a very user-friendly interface and easy to read control panel
Note: I don’t use any of the above-mentioned CDN because my blogs are hosted on the managed WordPress hosting called WPX Hosting which comes with their very own high performing in-built CDN with their hosting plans.
So there you have it; the list of best CDN providers for WordPress sites around the world. Now that you have the names of the best ones, you can select the one that fit your needs and pocket. Keep in mind that you will have to conduct deep research on the CDN provider that you have selected to make sure you are getting what you really need.